Description of the international strategy in Castillo de Luna Secondary School:
a) Partners choice.
We are going to look for Professional Training Centers which share formative cycles with similar branches to us, that is to say, Finance and Business Administration, where students could carry out their training in job centers.
b) Geographical areas of interest.
We will not dismiss any of the countries of the European Union, however, due to its closeness, Portugal will be an optimal option.
c) Main goals.
- Increase of general learning (knowledge, practical training, attitudes, skills....) and, more specifically, increase of those learnings related to foreign language.
- Improvement of our students ́ autonomy and independence, as well as the promotion of the development of environment analysis and critical spirit.
- Personal, cultural and social enrichment, furthermore open-mindedness and knowledge of different realities will be promoted.
- Social relationships improvement.
- Professional training fulfillment (FCT) in European countries (mainly Portugal, due to its proximity).
- Our students ́ new concerns, professional ambitions and professional satisfaction will also be encouraged.
d) Suitable groups for these exchange activities.
These exchange activities will be mainly suitable for students belonging to the second cycle of the formative cycle on Administration and Finances of our center. However, the participation of those students belonging to the first cycle will be also assessed. As far as our teachers is concerned, the participation of all of them will be encouraged, being essential the involvement of those who teach in the Administration and Finances Department. Their formation will result in the improvement of the teaching quality in our center.
In our center, the following steps are carried out regarding European projects:
1. Look for partners who share common interests by means of e-Twinning or evaluate possible offers to become involved in the project of a different center.
2. Assess the viability of those projects in which teacher or students are going to take part.
3. Acceptance of our participation in the Pedagogical Coordination Commission.
4. Acceptance of the School Board, main body of our school.
5. Once the participation in the program has been passed, the global organization will be set up by all the participants. The person in charge of the European programs will carry out all organization, having the help of the Manager Team.
Our center necessities are obvious, regarding that our school is located in a border rural area and considering that our school also belongs to a low-medium socio-cultural area, where the training possibilities of our pupils are almost onlyreduced to this school center.
Taking into account the identity values of our school, we consider that the star-up of the Plan of European Development which will allow us to participate in the Eramus+ Program and this will contribute in a positive way to:
- Strengthen cultural and language immersion in a foreign country.
- Know foreign educative models, as well as methodologies used to develop different teaching-learning processes.
- Find different improvement proposals related to teaching practice and try to reduce bad results in European evaluation tests.
- Acquire methodologies which allow to develop efficient conflict resolution in class.
- Compare methods and resources used for the attention to diversity.
- Compare economic resources invested in education, as well as their use and availability.
- Know the opinion of the different European educational centers about our educational system and swap opinions.
- Give a quality education.
- Acquire the European perspective of teaching and assess what can be taught in the different levents: Secondary Education, Bachillerato and Professional Cycles.
- Interchange lines of actions and criteria used for the development of extracurricular activities.
- Get to know the teachers ́ implication in different processes and activities of the educational centers.
- Get to know the teachers ́ training degree, their motivations and interests.